OHOP is an action-orientated event, that brings together purpose-driven, ideas-led doers, thinkers, and influencers from across different fields. Together, we break down barriers to solving key social and environmental challenges facing the world – challenges that now, more than ever, need urgent attention. Our goal is to inspire action and spark change in the areas of climate crisis, inequality, and resource scarcity, so that we collectively build back better and create the future we all want to be part of.
OHOP Dialogue 2023
This year ONE HOME,ONE PLANET Dialogue takes place during the Action Speaks Summit – the most hopeful place at Climate Week NYC. The summit features an exhibition of climate solutions and inspiring actions already being taken around the world, combined with a series of hosted dialogues on key enablers to accelerate climate action.
We know that every degree matters, but how do we move from discussions about the long-term to real action in the here and now? What could we achieve if we chose optimism, openness and collaborative action upon existing climate solutions?
ONE HOME, ONE PLANET Dialogue brings together high-level contributors from business, government and civil society to explore how we can raise awareness about existing solutions and the actions being taken to implement them, with the goal to spread optimism and initiating action and collaboration by many more stakeholders.
Please note that OHOP is by invitation only.
- Exhibition visit - Participants experience current climate reality, a positive future vision, climate solutions and actions.
- Today at OHOP - Opening by Jesper Brodin and Yalda Hakim.
- Accelerating climate action sharing - Climate change is happening, and we all need to step up. Luckily, many of the solutions needed to keep global warming below 1.5°C already exist. In this panel participants will hear from leaders with different backgrounds how we can move from discussions about the long-term to real action in the here and now and explore what we could achieve if we chose optimism, openness and collaborative action upon existing climate solutions.
Speakers: Ilham Kadri, Johan Rockström and Michaël Bäcklund, Moderated by Yalda Hakim.
- Breakouts - Participants are divided into smaller groups, to discuss how businesses can better share climate actions and solutions, and to shift the narrative to one of optimism to accelerate climate action.
- Breakout reflections - Speakers: Aileen Lerch, Anders Kärrberg, Justin Worland, Shubhendu Sharma, Simon Mulcahy.
- The time to act is now! - Wrap up by Jesper Brodin and Yalda Hakim.
Journalist, Documentary filmmaker & Philanthropist
Yalda Hakim is an award-winning international correspondent and documentary filmmaker. She is the host of the flagship programme “Daily Global with Yalda Hakim” on BBC News. Earlier this year she was named Chief Presenter of the newly merged BBC News Channel. Yalda has spent nearly two decades reporting from the frontlines of the world’s most consequential and dangerous stories. Over the past year, Yalda has reported extensively from Ukraine covering the ongoing war.
Chief Executive Officer, Ingka Group
Having been with IKEA for over 20 years, Jesper has been in his current role since September 2017. Before this, he was Managing Director at IKEA of Sweden/Range & Supply, which is responsible for the IKEA Brand product range development and supply chain. In 1999, he became assistant to IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad, and Anders Dahlvig, CEO at the time.
President of the Executive Committee and CEO of Solvay
Ilham Kadri is President of the Executive Committee and CEO of Solvay, a materials, chemicals and solutions company which through its purpose, values and science contributes to protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering a better life.
Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and Professor in Earth System Science at the University of Potsdam
Johan Rockström is Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and Professor in Earth System Science at the University of Potsdam. He is an internationally recognized scientist on global sustainability issues and led the development of the Planetary Boundaries framework for human development in the current era of rapid global change.
Systems thinker and Social entrepreneur
Michael is a young systems thinker and a social entrepreneur focused on climate education, solutions and meaning. At 17 he decided to dedicate his life to solving the fundamental bottlenecks behind the world’s biggest problems and since then has explored causes to apathy, hopelessness and conflict.